The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (KEVINSKI, FAST55, rfs56trk, Joe H, Danielbolt), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,487
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198403 01/16/2006 11:03 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
My '49 has some pretty dead lever shocks and I wonder if anyone knows where to get them rebuilt or replaced. I don't want to convert to tube type as I would like to stay as original as possible. Thanks!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
Give Jim Carters a call 1-800-662-1913 or www.oldchevytrucks.com I got all 4 for my 46 they are nice and bolt right in.


1946 1/2 ton
I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
Or BowTie Bits in Wichita KS rebuilds them.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
Thanks Little Horse and Brian. This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for.

Aloha,
Rich


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0