The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE), 132 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197422 01/06/2006 10:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 72
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 72
Has anyone shipped a motor before and does anyone know of a good shipping company to ship an I6 from Indiana to Colorado? A company that is reasonable. I can pick it up at a local shipping or freight dock.

I have never shipped anything like this and I would be interested in what it will cost and what others have experienced.

Thank you,
Dan


If you didn’t skin a knuckle while you were working on your truck, you weren’t working hard enough!

53 5window 1/2 ton
54 3window 1/2 ton
#197423 01/06/2006 10:31 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Can't help you much with your questions but you may want to check the Hauling board in the Swap Forum.


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
A few years back I had a 1961 C10 stepside that I parted. It had a shiny / go fast 454 in it. I shipped it from California to Chicago(?) I used Roadway as they were the cheapest at the time, about 6-7 years back? They are now owned by Fedex, I think. Cost the buyer about $800 if I remember correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan,
I am going to Indiana in early spring with a trailer and can get your motor part way to you if you do not get anything else lined up.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 72
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 72
Thank you all for the great information. I received a quote for $245 from a freight company. That doesn't seem too high to me. I will let everyone know what I end up doing.

Jay (Houston 54) I will send you an email.

Thanks,
Dan


If you didn’t skin a knuckle while you were working on your truck, you weren’t working hard enough!

53 5window 1/2 ton
54 3window 1/2 ton
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0