The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 2-Ton, Hugh63c10, Oswald, CuzzFuzz, 1955 1 Series), 61 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,353
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 30
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 30
Does anyone know if the emergency brake cable (the one that goes from the e-brake handle inside the cab) from a C10 will work on a K10? The one on my '61 broke and I need to replace it, but all I can find are the ones for the C10s. I have a shortbed stepside.

Thanks!


1961 Chevrolet K10
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
Hey Troy! Welcome to the Stovebolt Page.

Thanks for posting your question -- hopefully someone who knows will be along soon to answer. Either that, or they're all out researching for you wink

Thanks for visiting and for your patience!

Regards,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
The C10 cables will noty work. the K10 cable is longer. Mine was broken as well. I purchased a repro from a place in Mass. None of the big guys have them. Your best bet is to get the correct length cable made up. ( It was a long time ago, I don't remeber the suplier or the measurement, but check back here in a while and maybe I can dig up the info.) Also, check for the original part number and see if it's available as NOS.

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 30
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 30
Quote
Originally posted by k10:
The C10 cables will noty work. the K10 cable is longer.
Thanks for the information - that's what I was afraid of. I've been watching for one for a while, and I think that I may take the advice to find a source to have one fabbed locally. That probably makes the most sense, since it is a brake cable used to keep my truck where I left it - ha!


1961 Chevrolet K10
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 13
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 13
Go to www.inlinetube.com they have all the cables for these trucks. If not send them your old one and they will make. It cost me 200.00 to get a set of 3 made for my 65 burb 4x4.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0