| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,416 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1 | I purchased a truck which was represented to be a 65 chevy. From looking at pictures it would seem to be from the 64-66 range with one odd exception. This truck has a wrap around back glass, was this even available during these years. The truck is stored, out of state so I can't get any of the numbers off of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 125 6 heaven | | 6 heaven Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 125 | I have a 66 that has a large back window. That was called the custom cab, I think. In order to tell the year model without the serial is hard, but the 66 did have backup lights. Also the model designation- 10 series- chrome emblem was in different places for 64, 65, 66 on the front fender side. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 | no chevy truck from 1960-66 had a curved rear glass. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 254 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 254 | the side emblems where all in different places and different disigns '60 it said Chevrolet with Apache and model number below it was on the rear of the front fender '61 it said Apache and model number it was on the side of the hood 62 had the bowtie then model number it was on the piece behind the hood '63 had the bowtie with model number on top of it on the rear part of the front fender '64 had the bowtie with the model number below was also on the rear part of the front fender '65 had the bowtie then the model number beside it inside of rectangular area and it was on the piece behind the hood '66 had the bowtie emblem on top of the model number inside a square box and was on the rear part of the front fender Nate (i did a power point project on how to tell the difference between '60-'66 chevy trucks) | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 47 | all you got to do is look at the emblem on the side thats how I tell right away..
1966 Chevrolet C-10 1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS 1989 Pontiac Bonneville MY GARAGE...www.dragcitygarage.com
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 70 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 70 | My '52 1/2 ton 5 window has a 350 SB/350TH & rearend from a '77 Blazer and runs great even though the engine could stand a little 'freshening'.
I am presently installing power steering and front power disks now that my 'honey do' landscaping project from He#@ is completed.
I want to keep the cab/exterior as original looking as possible by using the original steering wheel and column. I want a floor shifter that sort of looks like an original 4 speed and would also like to add a foot starter for the 'cool' factor, but therein lies a couple of questions that I am sure someone smarter than me has already figured out.
1. Has anyone used a Lokar or Gennie nostalgia shifter, and what length, 16" or 23"? Are they 'frail' that you have to baby them when you shift into gear and does the ignition lockout switch work effectively? 2. Presently the starter is activated by the ignition switch so does anyone know where I can find/make the linkage for a foot starter? I don't need the Bendix linkage, just enough to mount the pedal and I'll rig the switch myself.
I will appreciate any suggestions or help you can offer as you guys are the greatest source of collective knowledge I have run across yet and I'm sure I can get some real answers.
Thanks in advance for your help.
'52 Ted
illegitimi non carborundum
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 209 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 209 | Ted, I dont know about adding a foot starter if you didnt have one to begin with but as far as the lokar and genie shifters they are good products. Ive used both in the past in my trucks and cars. They are nice looking and are very strong and the neutral switches work well. You have to measure up from your trans thru the floor up to where you hand would be to shift to tell whats comfortable for you to drive and shift. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 | 1955 Had a wrap around back glass, 1965 had either a small or big back glass, the big back window was called the Extra View on the GMC options list, and it was NOT part of the custom package, you had to pay extra for it, about $40. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | My Dad had a 66 Chevy with a full glass but I don't think it was curved.
Cliff59 | | |
| |
| |