The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,494
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#195669 12/17/2005 3:25 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Any one seen the one they sell as a dirrect replacement for the 48-53 trucks?

I am considering one, and a custom made intercooler from them as well.
Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
yeah, what do ya want to know?


i miss obscene phone calls...
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
I have sold their products in the past. I have not seen this model but what I have seen is good quality.
Steve

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
From what I have read Griffin makes about the best radiators, what do those of you who have actually used one think?

What do you know about their intercoolers?

I think I want Spal electric fans on the front of the intercooler and then the radiator behind all that. Does this sound like a good idea?


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 58
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 58
I have both a Griffin crossflow radiator and dual Spal fans in my truck and I can't say a bad thing about them. I have talked to the people at Griffin and they bend over backwards to help to out. My 57 has a big block and it stays cool on the hottest days or in the longest lines. Both are fine products.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
I've seen them in a lot of customs here in Georgia, cars and trucks. As hot as it gets during the summer when they have shows and things, they must work pretty good.

A buddy of mine bought one of their universal sizes to put in his '68 ford fairlane, then he modded the brackets and things to fit(it was a street legal redlight racer drag car)... he was very happy with it and never had a problem with the radiator for the 2-3 years he kept it after he installed the rad..

-W


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0