The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Justhorsenround, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#193460 11/14/2005 1:44 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
Anyone ever use the engine paint that Chevy Duty sells (PPG ALK200) on the intake manifold? I'm thinking the heat from the exhaust manifold will burn it off. I painted the engine yesterday and it looks sweet! If anything, I'll paint the intake the same as the exhaust manifold- cast iron gray, but I'd rather have it more original.

#193461 11/14/2005 2:50 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 61
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 61
I think Bill Hersch sells what you'll need for the original look..they have high heat paint..B. Duykers


bruce duykers
#193462 11/14/2005 3:28 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
Regular car paint should work on an intake manifold, but not on heads or exhaust manifolds. You could check at your local parts store for high-heat paint in a spray can, if you don't have to have the original color. some of that stuff is rated for up to 1500 degrees.

#193463 11/14/2005 3:49 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I painted my intake with the same paint I used on the block and the head. Duplicolor engine primer and then top coat. I think it's rated at 500°. It has held up well so far. 6000 miles. I have the high heat on the exhaust manifold that has held up just as well. cool


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0