| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,082 Posts1,056,303 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 | Anyone ever use the engine paint that Chevy Duty sells (PPG ALK200) on the intake manifold? I'm thinking the heat from the exhaust manifold will burn it off. I painted the engine yesterday and it looks sweet! If anything, I'll paint the intake the same as the exhaust manifold- cast iron gray, but I'd rather have it more original. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 61 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 61 | I think Bill Hersch sells what you'll need for the original look..they have high heat paint..B. Duykers
bruce duykers
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 88 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 88 | Regular car paint should work on an intake manifold, but not on heads or exhaust manifolds. You could check at your local parts store for high-heat paint in a spray can, if you don't have to have the original color. some of that stuff is rated for up to 1500 degrees. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 | I painted my intake with the same paint I used on the block and the head. Duplicolor engine primer and then top coat. I think it's rated at 500°. It has held up well so far. 6000 miles. I have the high heat on the exhaust manifold that has held up just as well.  | | |
| |
| |