| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | What are the symptoms of a master cylinder giving up the ghost? Vehicle in question is a 99 Suburban. No wheel cylinder leaks but air seems to be getting into the lnes evidenced by air bubbles in the brake fluid in the rear portion of the master cylinder res. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 |
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 | I dont think its a hard and fast rule, more like a guideline. I think people should be able to ask an off topic/year question once in awhile. Especially someone who has offered help to many others in the past. I appreciate any knowledge I might gain, even if it doesn't necessarily apply to an older vehicle. Who knows, maybe it will.
Jeff
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."
1957 GMC 150
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 | Sounds like the MC is bad.. had this happen to me- air will sneak in past a bad seal at the back of the MC where the pushrod hits it. | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Since many bolts, including mine, get brake system transplants using later model components this topic is perfectly fitting for this forum.
I got one useful suggestion. Is there a specific test I can perform to confirm the MC is gone? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Drum rear, disc front.
I have since been educated that the larger (rear) section of the master cylinder is for the front brakes (large volume needed for calipiers) and the smaller section of the master cylinder is for the rear brakes. Therefore the frothy brake fluid is from the front brakes. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 | What are the symptoms of a master cylinder giving up the ghost? Vehicle in question is a 99 Suburban. Air bag explodes. 
Gord 1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | HA HA HA ....HA BOO!  | | |
| |
| |