The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gdads51, 1 invisible), 118 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,124
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 29
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 29
Hey everybody..

What a great site this is! I'm a new member and have picked up some great info here.

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a problem I have.

Back in July I bought a '65 Chevy Fleetside long bed Custom Cab big window. It came with a nice chrome horn ring. I noticed it needed a little cleaning in the nooks and crannies. I took the horn ring assembly apart and cleaned up everything. It came out great. No pitting and all shiney now.
Problem is I can't figure out how to get it back together. I'm usually very careful with my work area as to not lose parts and set things in place in order of assembly.

To make a long story not too much longer..I'm not sure if I lost any pieces or not. I can put it back together but there's no "spring" action to make the electrical contact. I sure would like honk my horn again! Any help that I can get would be truly appreciated!

Thanks,
radioripster

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 29
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 29
Here's a picture of what I have.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1092202/hornring_assembly.jpg

Thanks again...

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Someone will be along eventually to answer your question...

http://www.chevytalk.com - 1960-66 trucks forum - is another good place you might want to check out.

smile

-W

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
hmn- mebbe this is an interior question? I figured this would be answered by now...

-W

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 10
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 10
It looks like you have all the parts there, the piece that looks like a round thin washer with 4 holes in it, that makes the spring action. I had that type of wheel on my truck, but I swithed it to an 86 P.U. wheel because it is possible to get you finger caught in that horn ring.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 29
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 29
Thanks for the replies.
I've gotten it
figured out and this time it works. I've tried every combination and the horn either didn't work or honked constantly. I was certain that I had lost a part or something. This last time it's right. Go figure.
So now that it's on and working ,it now falls under the category of .."If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thanks again for the help..


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0