The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
I want to fill the fuel filler neck hole on the driver side of my cab. I am putting in a rear tank, the truck is a flat bed, and I want the filler at the tank. Does any one make a patch panel with the correct curve to fill this hole? If not, any tricks on how to make one?

John.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either find an old junker and cut the piece off the other side of the cab or just make it out of an appropriate gauge sheetmetal you may have lying around. You will probably have to smooth it out with some filler any way after welding and grinding. You can always leave the filler tube in place and put a locking cap on it.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
Hadn't thought about using a piece from the other side. There's a junkyard nearby that had one older truck -- I guess I'll have to go have a look at it.
Thanks,
John.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Here's what was done on my '56.

[img]http://jbhardin-gallery.com/trucks/hole.jpg[/img]

It's a power antenna.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
Mine has a frenched power antenna on the other side already. I guess I could put in a second one smile


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0