The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Heaps), 169 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
After a lot of back and forth about the length of the vin number and and identifing the classifcation in there records I finally ordered my resto packet, I just hope its the right info. I have a 1950 3100, the rep. said it was classified as a 'CKpickup' - Whats does that mean? It was either that or the sedan info so I'm sure its right but what does it stand for?

While I'm here - my Vin is 8HPE 9770
did I decode it right?

8 = Atlanta Georgia
HP = 3100 - comm. light duty
E = Built in May
9770 = # 8770 to roll out of the plant

I used a decoder from a site and it said it was made in Sherveport, LA????

I can't tell how much I'm on this site, Thanks for the help!
Paul Kris

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
The C/K Pickups were from 1960 an later, but maybe they classify all the light trucks that way.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
You got it right. The H in HP denotes the model year, 1950.

The C/K designation didn't come about until the '60 models. C=conventional cab 2WD, K=4WD.

For resto packs, there are only the two choices--car or truck. As long as you are getting the truck pack for your year, you're OK. The truck packs cover all models from 1/2-ton to 2-ton.


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Welcome to the site, Paul! Be sure to use the menu bar at the top to explore the other section of the site (in case this bulletin board was your entry point).

Keep the questions coming, that's what we're here for.

Regards,
John Milliman


~ One of many.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Paul, some times when you call you get the Rep who should be working at McDonalds insteat of GM.
Did you get fries with that????? Try calling again and talk to a diffrent rep your luck will probally improve.


Regards,


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0