The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (rfs56trk, 46 Texaco, cmayna, Hawkman, Gray_Ghost, Wally / Montana), 122 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,687
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#183402 06/08/2005 5:22 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Every day several people post about "My truck is doing such-and-such and the dohickey seems to be..... What could be causing this?", but they don't tell what year their truck is or what engine.

This forum covers a lot of truck models. There is a lot of difference between a 1939 1/2-ton and a 1972 1-ton. If you tell people what your truck is and what engine it has you might get a quicker response.

There are over 7000 participants here and I'm sure no one member has memorized what particular vehicle each other one has. So if you have a question let us know what it is about.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone should put their year model(s) in their handle. Sounds like you had a close call with the stump this morning there Cletis. wink

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
now that is a good idea,,,see ya Friday at the meet,,and I will be drvin my 52 truck,,,,,Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
I think everyone should at least include their location/state in their profile! I see posts wanting parts and I have no idea where they live.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
Quote
Originally posted by Cletis:
...There is a lot of difference between a 1939 1/2-ton and a 1972 1-ton...
Oh sure, now you tell me!
[img]http://www.oldtruck.net/forum/images/cacar.jpg[/img]

Quote
Originally posted by Houston54:
Everyone should put their year model(s) in their handle... wink
That is absolutely the LAST time that I will listen to you, Houston. Now the chrome is peeling and I have to replace it. :mad:

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
grin grin grin


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it does not move..chrome it!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0