The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, Jay R, 2-Ton, Barry Martak, Lightholder's Dad, Hotrod Lincoln), 152 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,479
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
Don't look at this if you've got a weak stomach...

Look what the previous cannibals did to my poor cab!
Black Hole in roof

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
Sody--

That's no prob--get you one of those old skylights you know the plastic bubble type and put some silicon around the lip-- screw it down on top of the cab and ur good to go--prolly brighten things up in these dingy cabs, grin grin


Buzz'n Half Dozen
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
The good news is that you can probably find a donor roof on any rusted out cab. The roof generally doesn't rust out. I would use the same roof section as a replacement to match the compound curving.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
Or I supposed I could just put the sunroof back in grin

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
I couldn't.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Or you could just name the truck "Custer" grin


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 454
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 454
Or just drive on sunny days. :p


Jeff Nelson

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
how bout a gun turret like on the war years stovebolts?

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Starting to look good.. especially that custom rear end mounting system.. gotta love them big ole hoser clamps.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Good place for some duck tape and a hunk of plywood. If you can't find no plywood, use a trash bag.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
Sody,
Go here:http://community.webshots.com/user/pywgn
Go into the '66 Panel folder. I put a low profile
moon/sunroof in. It worked out real well.

JS


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 734
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 734
two words...
1)duck
2)tape
grin


Matthew 6:33

1952 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
Late '55 235/SM420/torque tube 3.55
Dalton Highway survivor (using original 216)
www.truckwithaheart.com
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
OK, I admit that this is weak. I need some content:

<TABLE width=100% cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width=100%border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=center width=100% bgColor=black> [img]http://norcalspeedshop.com/oltrucks/garage/scarytrucktales.gif[/img] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></ TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
Piewagon,

That's the same sunroof that came outta that hole. Was going to look and see if I could find out where to buy a new one, as this one is pretty beat.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
Rusty Rod,

I had to hook the axles back on somehow so I could wheel it into the garage. City came around this spring with "hazardous property" notices and I got one of em. Was told to either register it or remove it from the city limits. I opted to hide in the garage instead smile

What they don't know won't hurt em right? lol

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Hey Sody,

We have the same problem around here. The old motorhead across the street from me gets a notice every year. They make his place a regular stop, so since they are in the neighborhood, they check the rest of us out too. This year they busted me for the first time. I had a trailer sitting on the grass. I've only been parking it (and its predecessor) there for the last seven years.

This week I'm getting cement poured, to have a place to park the trailer and a vehicle without blocking the garage.

They usually get my neighbor for having either a partially disassembled vehicle, or vehicle with an expired license among various other violations.

What this means is that before I do the frame off on the panel I will have to get the front suspension changed to whatever IFS I decide on. That way I can take the old leaf springs and solid axle, a couple rails of channel iron and a few other miscellaneous parts and make a trailer to bolt the body to. Then I can license the trailer and when they come nosing around because the frame is in the garage and the body is outside I can protest that it is a licensed trailer. wink

When the body is in the garage and the frame outside, I will just load it up on the car hauling trailer and cover it with a tarp.

When we bought the place, the wife picked it out over my objections. I told her I needed more garage. She wouldn't listen, and I gave in and let her have her way. Now she gets to watch me pour cement, wire circuits and next year, hopefully, a worksop addition on the back of the garage.

She knew I was a motorhead when she married me. grin


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0