The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (FAST55, FishinToms53, Otto Skorzeny, 3B, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible), 94 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,632
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 687
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 687
54 GMC 6x6 for $500 w/no reserve! Engine alone is worth the start price. There is one bid, but probably not for long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...7&category=80765&sspagename=WDVW

-ftyler

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Fun. I'm going to pass.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
I'd drive it as is....no one would argue with the original HUMVEE...you could change lanes when ever you felt like it and park on top of anything you liked....

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
And you would no longer have to say you'll be there "Lord willin' and the crick don't rise". Just "Lord Willin'" will cover it.


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
When I saw the title of this post, I thought it was going to be about our governor's election.


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
ftyler,

that would be 'cool'.

smile

-W

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
Cool deuce and a half - brings back memories. I drive those in the militia. We used to tow 105mm howitzers behind them. I remember what it drove like - I don't think I would want to own one!


Gord
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 52
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 52
No thanks - I have two big GMC trucks now, one with a rebuilt 302 that runs fine. Looks like it would take a ride on the ferry to get it off the island it is on . . . bet that would be an expensive day trip!

Hey FT, when did you start swearing? eek :p


Life's short - don't waste it.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 687
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 687
OK Ken. :rolleyes: "Heckuva" deal wink

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Quote
Originally posted by motion guru:
Looks like it would take a ride on the ferry to get it off the island it is on . . . bet that would be an expensive day trip!
Ken that Suburban you turned me onto was on Whidbey. I took it North and off the island near Mt Vernon. I forgot about Clinton...

I got to Whidbey using the Keystone Ferry. I was charged an extra $20 for overlength pulling the trailer. Coming back I was too late for Keystone and debated paying overlength and overheight (another $20) at Edmonds or driving an extra 100 miles through Tacoma. I choose the ferry and while the guy laughed at my load he charged me normal rate for car and driver plus my 'youth' passenger.

So the ferry doesn't have to be an obstacle!


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
But why is the back of the cab yello????


1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
w


1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0