| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,624 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 |
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | I'd drive it as is....no one would argue with the original HUMVEE...you could change lanes when ever you felt like it and park on top of anything you liked.... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 | And you would no longer have to say you'll be there "Lord willin' and the crick don't rise". Just "Lord Willin'" will cover it.
Don't lose your head to save a minute, You need your head, your brains are in it. Burma-Shave (1947)
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 | When I saw the title of this post, I thought it was going to be about our governor's election.
"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | ftyler, that would be 'cool'. -W | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 | Cool deuce and a half - brings back memories. I drive those in the militia. We used to tow 105mm howitzers behind them. I remember what it drove like - I don't think I would want to own one!
Gord 1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 52 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 52 | No thanks - I have two big GMC trucks now, one with a rebuilt 302 that runs fine. Looks like it would take a ride on the ferry to get it off the island it is on . . . bet that would be an expensive day trip! Hey FT, when did you start swearing?  :p
Life's short - don't waste it.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 687 | OK Ken. :rolleyes: "Heckuva" deal  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Originally posted by motion guru: Looks like it would take a ride on the ferry to get it off the island it is on . . . bet that would be an expensive day trip! Ken that Suburban you turned me onto was on Whidbey. I took it North and off the island near Mt Vernon. I forgot about Clinton... I got to Whidbey using the Keystone Ferry. I was charged an extra $20 for overlength pulling the trailer. Coming back I was too late for Keystone and debated paying overlength and overheight (another $20) at Edmonds or driving an extra 100 miles through Tacoma. I choose the ferry and while the guy laughed at my load he charged me normal rate for car and driver plus my 'youth' passenger. So the ferry doesn't have to be an obstacle!
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 | But why is the back of the cab yello???? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 | | | |
| |
| |