The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (fonz8261, Oswald), 157 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,337
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#177169 01/27/2005 7:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Well I'm the proud new owner of a '64 C10. Unfortunately, one of the trucks, C10 or '65 C20, has to go in the future. I bought the '64 from my neighbor for $900 and think I can make a profit. It's an original 283 w/ powerglide. Ever so slight problem with the motor: broken connecting rod, he says. Wonder how bad it really is. The C20 will be harder to make a profit but, I doubt I could bring myself to sell her anyways, too much blood, sweat and tears there.
Here's the C10: My new \'64 C10


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
#177170 01/28/2005 2:00 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
pull out the 283 and put in a 100.00 pre 86 305 and drive it.

#177171 01/28/2005 3:42 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I took a look at the motor today. Looks like someone shot the oil pan with a 12 gauge. Big gaping hole with rod sticking out on driver side and some smaller holes on passenger side. How does this even happen? I've been pretty hard on motors in the past and never managed to do this.
Anyways, I'm gonna swap some stuff with my C20, the hood's better, the driver side front fender is real clean with no rust and the passenger front fender just needs the inner fender brace. I've got a 350 sitting in the garage that I can turn into a runner. Then, she's off to the truck trader. Hopefully make a couple hundred profit and my C20 will have better sheet metal.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
#177172 01/28/2005 4:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
I did that to a ford pickup once. It had a little knock so I poured some stp in it and drove it that way for about a week. It was fine untill it wasn't


1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr

#177173 01/28/2005 6:39 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 328
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 328
Shoot I'd buy it from you if you put the 350 in. Looks good to me!


GO RANGERS grin
Photos Updated so check them out!
#177174 01/29/2005 6:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 209
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 209
im Jealous! i want another 64! frown


Stovebolt-It is painted
#177175 01/29/2005 7:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Well this one'll be up for sale in a few months! Or whenever I get around to it. It's definitely got some pros and cons but, hopefully I'll get the cons ironed out in short time.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0