The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (49choptop, burgundybolt, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 84 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,086
Posts1,056,333
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
Anyone out there ,install the power steering converison from CPP,on thrir trucks? OLD NAVY 51.............. wink

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
A friend of mine bought the kit but never installed it. Don't know if he still has it or not. What do you want to know?


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
OldSub- I'd like to know- my 54 has always been a [censored] to steer. I love to buy a power kit.

Dale

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
you may need to work out more,,just kidding, my 52 is not all that bad,,, in a real tight parking, like parallel,, you have to use a little more ump,,,but other then that no big deal...


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
grin grin No doubt why "Joker" has his name.

Once you get that truck in a straight line, you don't need no power steering. wink


Joe - (Buckeye Bowtie)
"Remember it takes about 2850 bolts to built a Chevy Truck and only 1 NUT to scatter them all over the highway"

1950 3100
1971 C-10
1939 Buick Century
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
My '55 1st Suburban is a lot easier to steer when I drive it everyday. Maybe not the first week, but afterward I no longer notice...

microbe, what do you want to know? Either he sold the kit with the truck, or took it with hime when he moved to Colorado. I'll ask him if you'll tell me what to ask.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
Thanks for all the replys,the main reason that I was thinking of going to power steering are. #1 the steering column is to high. #2 I would like to put on a smaller steering wheel. #3 changing to a modern power saginaw steering box will give a better or closer ratio as well as the power steering . I drive my truck a lot And items like better brakes ,steering etc are important . old navy 51..............

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Put an M2,with power R&P steering in my 55 2nd,what a difference.Its a real pleasure to drive.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0