The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (PAUL Berardi, Simso, Gray_Ghost, JW51), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,244
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175851 03/16/2005 3:07 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
I saw on Chevyduty site that 47-54 front truck fenders (steel) are supposed to be available June of this year. I hope this is actually true, since I've been looking for a good fender quite a long time. Just thought I'd share the info.


'53 chevy 3/4 ton
#175852 03/16/2005 7:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I hope so too. However I don't like the "caveat" in the LMC catalog stating that their body panels are made off shore, get transported around a lot and you can expect to find dings in them. When I pay big bucks for a repop panel I don't want the dings in them. Bob Adler wrote about repop fenders in Vintage Truck a few months back.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
#175853 03/17/2005 2:14 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 60
D
DJ Offline
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 60
The rears are very good. I know people dont like overseas tin . If the lazy people of this country dont want to build them for us,well i guess we need to have them repoped someplace else.
I like the fact that all the guys that grabed up all the good rear fenders and were asking 500- 600 dollars per copy for them are now stuck with junk. Some guys are now stuck with 20=30 worthless piles of garbage and that makes me feel good because they dont help us one bit.
With shipping on sheetmetal ,its going to be dinged up if it came from ME CA or china. Its part of the deal ,sheetmetal is real hard to ship. :p

#175854 03/18/2005 2:29 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
here's some follow-up: The fenders will not be available til next year, so I'm still outta luck for now......... keep lookin I guess. Maybe Carlisle?????


'53 chevy 3/4 ton

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0