| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
114
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,541 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 | Recently purchased new leaf springs for my '52 3100. I was told not to powder coat them because the heat would distemper them.
Does anyone have any advice or experience with this. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | I don't think it gets that hot. It would take a whole lot of heat to distemper them. I had a lot of things done on my truck powder coated. I didn't get the springs done, but wish I had. If I had a chance to do it over again I would have done the springs and even the frame. Cecil...... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 52 | I think your powder coater would be the best one to talk to, he should definately know.
1946 GMC 1/2 ton 1967 Chevy 1/2 ton
This old truck sure looks neat, but where are the heated seat controls?!?
| | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 | Thanks for the comments.
I did speak to the powder coater and he said he has done them before. But just because he has done them doesn't mean that it was successful. So I wanted to get the advice from the field experts and make sure that it was a safe decision to powder coat these. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | chev235,
You might want to ask the powder coater to give you the names/numbers of a few people who had their springs done a few years ago. See what their opinion is after a few years.
Powder coating a frame that does not twist much is one thing. Powder coating springs that flex a lot seems a lot different thing. Maybe they have a flex agent that can be used in powder coating?
Tim | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 | I had mine both re-arched and powder coated by a spring shop.
Came out great.
They are spring experts and powder coat regularly. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 151 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 151 | Hey InMy40s, I'm trying to decide on new rear leaf springs v. getting the existing ones re-arched for my 54. Can you give me an idea of the $$$ for re-arching?
Thanks! Christian | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | try http://www.eatonsprings.com/ they made me some new springs, I did not have them powder coated. But I know they have an opinion on powder coating, check around on their site, I know I read about it on there some where. | | |
| |
| |