Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,625 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | Heya all you COE peoples... I haven't seen too many blatant posts about yer projects lately... I was just curious how some of them were shaping up... so if ya have the time and are in the mood - give us the latest... with pictures if you have them!
thx,
-W | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Well, when it comes to my COE projects, I'll start by saying, I reduced my collection by two trucks. I sold my '54 Chevy 5400 COE Chaindrive Tandem, & sold the '50 GMC 600 COE "Cannonball" gasser. I realized a year, or two ago, that if I was ever going to complete, any of these projects, I was going, to have to downsize. I would try to work on all of them at the same time. I had four, '47-'54 COE's, & three '60-'66 Chevy LCF's. Sold the LCF's first, then here recently, sold the least desirable, two COE's, I had. Kept, & plan to keep, my favorite two. The '52 GMC 450 series COE Tractor(soon to be Holmes W45 Wrecker), & '53 Chevy 5400 series COE Holmes 525 Wrecker. I've been parts collecting lately, found alot of NOS stuff. Haven't done much physically to them except, put 6 new tires on the '53 Chevy COE. Been tinkering on that '52 Chevy 1 ton panel truck I bought. I'll be removing the 5th wheel, & saddle tank, from the '52 GMC COE, in the next week, or two, so I can get the frame ready, for that W45 Holmes Wrecker. I haven't taken any pictures lately. I'll get some soon. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 | Currently my 52 COE is still in hibernation under a tarp.I'm eager to get started once spring arrives  .Still need to get the 53 in Tennessee.I should have it up here in mass. before the end of March.Between the two,I should have all the ingredients for a beautiful resto (stock). 1952COE Wanna get high? I mean really high?  Drive a cabover. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Hey 52COE, When did ya buy the '53 COE. Got any pictures of it. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 | Spanky, I bought the 53 (deluxe cab) last November.It was listed on e-bay. It has better sheetmetal then my 52 however the 52 does have a perfect frame,new brakelines,shoes,MC,WC so the 53 cab may be destined for the 52 frame.Oh yeah,almost forget,the 53 has a better bed too! 1952COE Wanna get high? I mean really high  ?Drive a cabover. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | That's your '52 COE, in the Gallery right? Do you have any pictures of the '53 yet. Weren't you looking for a door. I emailed you about one on ebay, a couple of weeks ago. Do you plan to use the '53 for parts, or will you fix it up later. I'm full of questions. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 | Spanky, Got your e-mail about the door on e-bay,thanks,it was greatly appreciated.The 53 will solve my door situation,which was another consideration when I purchased it.I do have the e-bay pics of the 53 as well as close-ups e-mailed to me by the seller.The close-ups include the steps,interior,cab corners,tires and bed.Can't wait to bring it home! Wanna get high,I mean really high  ?? Drive a Cabover! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Hey 52, email me, some pictures of the '53. I'd like to see it. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 29 | Spanky, I'll do my darndest to get those photos of my 53 to you.It may require the help from my sister-in-law....a computer with a computer!!! 1952 COE Wanna Get High? I mean Really High  ? Drive a Cabover! | | |
| |