| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
139
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | When I drive my '66 C-10 in heavy rain, the fan sprays water on my distributor cap and wires. Does anyone else have this problem? Doug 57. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 117 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 117 | Is the fan shroud missing? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | This truck has a 250, and apparently never came with a fan shroud. I've seen several other C-10 Pick-ups with the inline six without it. Were fan shrouds used on '66 C-10's with 250 inline six engine?
Doug 57. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | I've never seen a 60's 6cyl w/ a shroud, but there may have been a small sheetmetal piece or 2 somewhere to deflect water, and I think there should be some rubber stuff around where the suspension hits the bottom of the inner fenders - doesn't necessarily hafta be 'sprayed by the fan' [unless you've had somebody ride under there to watch!  ] Bill | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | Want to volunteer? Doug 57. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 124 Member | | Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 124 | I had a 69 that did that. It sprayed water from around the front wheels. Did that since it was new. I found a piece of fairly heavy but flexible plastic and wrapped it around the distributer with a tie wrap. Made it as high as I could and cut notches for the wires. It solved my problem. Did'nt look like much but I could run through a puddle without killing the engine.
I like old trucks
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | Going to an HEI solved it on mine, its taller. Brian | | |
| |
| |