The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
When I drive my '66 C-10 in heavy rain, the fan sprays water on my distributor cap and wires. Does anyone else have this problem? frown

Doug 57.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 117
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 117
Is the fan shroud missing?

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
This truck has a 250, and apparently never came with a fan shroud. I've seen several other C-10 Pick-ups with the inline six without it. Were fan shrouds used on '66 C-10's with 250 inline six engine?

Doug 57.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
I've never seen a 60's 6cyl w/ a shroud, but there may have been a small sheetmetal piece or 2 somewhere to deflect water, and I think there should be some rubber stuff around where the suspension hits the bottom of the inner fenders - doesn't necessarily hafta be 'sprayed by the fan' [unless you've had somebody ride under there to watch! grin ]

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
Want to volunteer? grin

Doug 57.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 124
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 124
I had a 69 that did that. It sprayed water from around the front wheels. Did that since it was new. I found a piece of fairly heavy but flexible plastic and wrapped it around the distributer with a tie wrap. Made it as high as I could and cut notches for the wires. It solved my problem. Did'nt look like much but I could run through a puddle without killing the engine.


I like old trucks
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Going to an HEI solved it on mine, its taller. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0