The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, Otto Skorzeny, Hanks custodian, dt235sd, 3800GUY), 166 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,205
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#171345 11/09/2004 5:44 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
TSheridan, I was looking at your pictures and noticed hood props on a yellow 46. Where would
I find a couple of those? Or if anyone else knows where to buy same, I would appriciate the
info. Thanks Ed

#171346 11/10/2004 11:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
I have a couple of flat pieces of stock with rounded notches on the upper ends, and a hole @ the bottom for a bolt on my '45 GMC. They would be simple to make and if done right would look factory. 3/8" thick and about a foot long(I'll measure mine) Bolt would be on firewall, close to upper, outer corner. When they are laid flat, they rest on another bolt in the firewall. When they are open, they pick up the inner lip on the side panel.

#171347 11/10/2004 5:09 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks K10, I think I get the idea. Was hoping
to be able to buy same, as I'm not mechanical
inclined. Thanks again Ed


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0