The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Jay R, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 100 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#170745 11/22/2004 8:27 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab
Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
I found a 59 FWD Short-bed, Step-Side for sale. He wants $1,500 for it but it's kinda rough. It has a decent looking 350 with headers. The gas tank is rusted ( they rigged a 1 qt oil container as a temp "gas tank". The tires are trash. It has dents everywhere and some bad rust. The windows and windshield are cracked and the interior is rough. I don't know about the tranny and transfer case. Other than that it's a fine truck, lol....

I was thinking about offering him $800 for it, provided the engine still runs well. What do you guys think?


delete my account and pictures
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
$800 to $1,000 would not be too bad....heck...its a 59..and a 4X4 to boot...

Is it NAPCO or a newer frame etc?

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
If it had a 261 or 283 I'd say go for it, but he ruined it when he put the 350 in!
Boo


We don't need no stinking V-8s!!
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab
Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
46 In Progress: I don't know the difference between frames. Didn't know that they made two frames that year. How do I tell?

Boo: I don't think that the 350 hurt the value, especially if it's a good running motor. I'd prefer to have a six though. I may offer him a very low price and see if he takes it. This truck has been sitting for a long time too.


delete my account and pictures
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
Tab -- The Chevy 350 is probably one of the best motors ever built. That partly explains their enormous popularity. BUT, in my opinion, they are an engine for the bolt on billet crowd, not a serious stovebolter grin
Boo


We don't need no stinking V-8s!!
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab
Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
I see. Well, it looks all original but who the heck knows?

After I paint my 62, AGAIN, I will talk to the owner again and see if he will take less. If I had a garage I'd be more gung-ho about buying another un-restored old truck.


delete my account and pictures

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0