In the other thread about under the bed gas tanks, some of yall used a tank from a F##d, I installed a tank that the guy said was from a T bird. What am I going to get into with the sending unit???? I have not tried to ohm the thing yet
Should work fine. Most senders back then read from 0-90 ohms. Check yers and it should match. BTW....... the beer keg float GM uses are available seperately from Ford for about $4.00 each! Same exact part. (Gm doesn't sell it seperately)
John Kennedy 1950 Suburban street rod Pics in the Gallery....... new site up! http://home.joimail.com/~kennedyjp/
some f**d senders read 70-10 ohms with 70 being empty and 10 full. This is a problem if you have a GM gage because it is backards. I used a F**d mustang tank and modified the sender by inverting it. I also added some resistors in parallel with the sending wire to compensate for higher resistance. Seems to work but isn't very accurate below 1/4 tank due to the nature of the changes.