| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,422 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 | Have a look at the fatty fenders album and let me know if you think i should widen my bumper as well. Thanks; Stuart P.S. For those of you that are shaking your heads in disgust, I also own a 40 GMC that is being restored original http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sublime589/ | | | | | Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 438 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 438 | Stu- Looks like you're putting hours in doing the metal work. Great job to date. WIde stance = fast corners!  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | My vote....widen the bumper... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 | Looks like it will turn out nice. I think if you widen the bumper and running boards, it will stand out, but people are going to have to study it for a minute to figure out how it's different.
Joe McNeel
http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 481 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 481 | I really appreciate seeing such excellent metal working. It's certainly going to be interesting for you to see peoples reactions. The work is so good I think it will puzzle people who are familiar with these trucks. The bumper reveals what you've done, I would widen it.  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 | I vote for a wider bumper.Give any thought to streching the grill?Just cuiorious.
1942 1\2 Ton 1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5 1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter 1960 Biscayne Sedan 1965 G/10 panel van 1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are... My progress pics | | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 | Well I've gone this far already. I also think it will look better widend.Slow..Rider; No, I think that would open up another can of worms. I feel that the grills are wide enough already. Once the grill and hood are all installed, it takes a double take to figure out what is going on. I am quite happy with the results so far. It was really hard to make the first cut. Thanks: Stuart | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 139 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 139 | Stewart, fat fat-fenders, nice job. I vote for doing the bumper too. The truck will look good. And sitting by it's self I think it will make most people think about what makes it look different. You do good work.
Nice shot of the floor of your 46. My 41 don't have a floor, been wondering what it should look like. Thanks. Mike | | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 | Sloemoe I wish i could take credit for the work. I just get to make the decisions and I do all the sanding. A long time friend does all the hard stuff, and yes he does awsome work. I can hardly wait to start driving this thing | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 | When I stop drooling at the looks of your workspace I might get to look at the trucks! I'm only 58 yrs old. Maybe someday I can have a garage! It is a pleasure to see craftwork in progress and the results will be exquisite.
"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 100 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 100 | Let me know if you want to get rid of some of the "shop clutter"...
andy
A man is like an old truck... He will rust out before he wears out...
| | |
| |
| |