The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, Uncles51), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,462
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167935 09/20/2004 2:20 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
Have a look at the fatty fenders album and let me know if you think i should widen my bumper as well. Thanks; Stuart P.S. For those of you that are shaking your heads in disgust, I also own a 40 GMC that is being restored original
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sublime589/

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Stu-

Looks like you're putting hours in doing the metal work. Great job to date. WIde stance = fast corners! grin

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
My vote....widen the bumper...

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
Looks like it will turn out nice. I think if you widen the bumper and running boards, it will stand out, but people are going to have to study it for a minute to figure out how it's different.


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
I really appreciate seeing such excellent metal working. It's certainly going to be interesting for you to see peoples reactions. The work is so good I think it will puzzle people who are familiar with these trucks. The bumper reveals what you've done, I would widen it. cool

#167940 09/21/2004 12:02 AM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
I vote for a wider bumper.Give any thought to streching the grill?Just cuiorious.


1942 1\2 Ton
1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5
1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter
1960 Biscayne Sedan
1965 G/10 panel van
1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome
You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are...
My progress pics
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
Well I've gone this far already. I also think it will look better widend.Slow..Rider; No, I think that would open up another can of worms. I feel that the grills are wide enough already. Once the grill and hood are all installed, it takes a double take to figure out what is going on. I am quite happy with the results so far. It was really hard to make the first cut.
Thanks: Stuart

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 139
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 139
Stewart, fat fat-fenders, nice job. I vote for doing the bumper too. The truck will look good. And sitting by it's self I think it will make most people think about what makes it look different. You do good work.

Nice shot of the floor of your 46. My 41 don't have a floor, been wondering what it should look like. Thanks. Mike

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
Sloemoe
I wish i could take credit for the work. I just get to make the decisions and I do all the sanding. A long time friend does all the hard stuff, and yes he does awsome work. I can hardly wait to start driving this thing

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
When I stop drooling at the looks of your workspace I might get to look at the trucks! I'm only 58 yrs old. Maybe someday I can have a garage!
It is a pleasure to see craftwork in progress and the results will be exquisite.


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 100
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 100
Let me know if you want to get rid of some of the "shop clutter"...

andy


A man is like an old truck... He will rust out before he wears out...

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0