Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (55shaker, tclederman, MickeyP, qside, Hotrod Lincoln, Charles in CA, Gdads51, Cletus1950, 1 invisible),
65
guests, and
5
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,300 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#16777 10/24/2004 10:01 PM | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 1,586 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 1,586 | When I pulled the engine from my 37 in preperation for the GMC implant,noticed the rear motor mounts were torn up again.This is the second set, the first set lasted 3 years, same as this set.No oil on them,the rubber is pulled from the metal,the bellhousing was sagged onto the crossmember. I can't believe the mounts can't take the brutal 180b hp from the 261 and my power shifts,must be inferior quality  , both sets said made in Mexico. Anyone else having this problem? maybe I have to adapt different mounts from another engine | | |
#16778 10/25/2004 4:27 AM | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | try US made Tony - steelerubber.com - they do excellent quality, tho on a 37 you may have to send them the metal part and get new rubber vulcanized on Bill | | |
#16779 10/25/2004 11:09 AM | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 1,586 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 1,586 | Squeeze,my 37 uses 48-53 type mounts,ya know,hot rod stuff.I don't see in the Steele catalog where they do motor mounts? | | |
#16780 10/25/2004 10:32 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | These foreign made engine mounts we get now are junk. The 73,s up wont last past a test drive. I use polyurithane on those. I know this doesn,t answer your question but i thought i would throw it in anyhow.  They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#16781 10/26/2004 4:18 AM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | Tony, it looks like you send em your cores and a big check and you might get them back in 3 weeks.  I will agree about the current mounts being nothing but junk.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
#16782 10/26/2004 11:25 AM | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | Try ebay, I have bought original mounts from there at a reasonable price and they look and work fine. I saw no evidence of age or the rubber cracking.
I just looked and did not see any at this time but they come up regulary. | | |
| |