The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (fonz8261, dt235sd, klhansen, greenie-reddy, Opelika Tom), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,078
Posts1,056,283
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16777 10/24/2004 10:01 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
T
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
When I pulled the engine from my 37 in preperation for the GMC implant,noticed the rear motor mounts were torn up again.This is the second set, the first set lasted 3 years, same as this set.No oil on them,the rubber is pulled from the metal,the bellhousing was sagged onto the crossmember.
I can't believe the mounts can't take the brutal 180b hp from the 261 and my power shifts,must be inferior quality wink , both sets said made in Mexico.
Anyone else having this problem? maybe I have to adapt different mounts from another engine

#16778 10/25/2004 4:27 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
try US made Tony - steelerubber.com - they do excellent quality, tho on a 37 you may have to send them the metal part and get new rubber vulcanized on

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
#16779 10/25/2004 11:09 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
T
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
Squeeze,my 37 uses 48-53 type mounts,ya know,hot rod stuff.I don't see in the Steele catalog where they do motor mounts?

#16780 10/25/2004 10:32 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
These foreign made engine mounts we get now are
junk. The 73,s up wont last past a test drive.
I use polyurithane on those. I know this doesn,t
answer your question but i thought i would throw
it in anyhow. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
#16781 10/26/2004 4:18 AM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Tony, it looks like you send em your cores and a big check and you might get them back in 3 weeks. wink I will agree about the current mounts being nothing but junk.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
#16782 10/26/2004 11:25 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Try ebay, I have bought original mounts from there at a reasonable price and they look and work fine. I saw no evidence of age or the rubber cracking.

I just looked and did not see any at this time but they come up regulary.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0