| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,437 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 144 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 144 | :confused: Im stuck. I want to install a 235 into my 1937 Chevrolet truck, will it bolt right in without having to replace transmission and driveline?
I really could use your expertise. What year engine should I get?
Thanks for your help Classic Finn | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 | I can only answer 1 of your questions. Get a 1954 or later engine so that you have full oil pressure. Those much more knowledgeable than myself can tell you more.
Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I believe there is an article in the tech section and links to other articles. They deal with a lot of your questions. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | Truck-ed-up, where are you, I know you can answer this question in detail..Fred Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | As stated, a 1954 235 or 261 would make the job much easier as the later 235s had a water pump that you'll have to modify to make it work. Your bellhousing will bolt to all 216, 235, 261 and GMCs. Big thing to watch out for is, don't attempt to mix years of starters and flywheels, different teeth one early years vs later. Also you may have to use your original front motor mounting plate behind the timing gears, it will fit your new 235. There have been many articles on this swap, check tech tips on this site also check out INLINERS.ORG for tech tips. Good luck | | |
| |
| |