The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,425
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167193 10/07/2004 12:31 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
Go to my WebShots page. http://community.webshots.com/user/pywgn
Check out the "Out to Pasture" folder. I found this place in Myerstown, Pa.. Only an hour & 1/2 from my house. I found the address on some obscure link while Google searching. Called the guy, He said, "sure, come on up and have a look around". I was the only one there!! What a beautiful afternoon. I'm on vacation, so, I had all the time I needed. I must have walked 5 miles.
By the way, it's for sale!! 74 acres, all the inventory included. Only $2 mil. I could retire at this place!! Enjoy Fellas!!

Jim Sgrig


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#167194 10/07/2004 1:18 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
Thanks for sharing! Never saw a GMC V-6 myself. When were they available in the old trucks?

Buddy in AK


"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
#167195 10/07/2004 1:28 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
Buddy,
Go to Jolly's website. He's got all the info on the GMC V-6 & Twin-6.

JS


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#167196 10/07/2004 1:48 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Okay I checked it out and I want that property. Just don't have quite that much cash on hand this week.

After looking at your pictures I asked my Photoshop savvy son how you made those pen and ink looking shots. He played a little and decided he did not know how you did it.

Can you share the secret?


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
#167197 10/07/2004 3:23 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
OldSub,
I drew those myself & scanned them.


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#167198 10/07/2004 3:26 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
Ha, kidding. Kodak easyshare has what they call a "coloring book" feature in thier software. Pretty cool, huh?

Jim S.


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#167199 10/07/2004 3:57 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
It just looks like a bunch of rusty old junk to me. Wish I could have been there. grin


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
#167200 10/07/2004 4:30 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
I can only imagine one way to buy it. If we all pitched in some money, the whole community here we could go through and work out who gets what....Or maybe I will just win the lottery and buy it all! Did that used to be a junk yard, I mean how did all that just collect there over time. I bet there are many valuable parts there. The first thing I do if I bought it would be to go through it and sort out whats good and bad, and tarp all the good stuff. Ok, I have to quit typing before I go crazy!

PS - That frame was insane!

- Shane


- Shane (ChevyToughRebel)
2 Trucks;
-1955 3/4 Ton Chevy
-1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4
1955 Second Series 3600
GED = Git Er Done
#167201 10/07/2004 5:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Quote
Originally posted by Piewagn:
OldSub, I drew those myself & scanned them.
Well that's the way I'd have done it!

We'll check out the Kodak software. Thanks!


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
#167202 10/07/2004 5:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
until i saw where it was,i thought it was cletis's backyard.

tony'n weatherford wink grin

#167203 10/07/2004 1:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
CTR,
It's still a functioning "salvage" yard, as the owner likes to refer to it. That frame is sick, huh??
Tony 'N,
That's too funny. grin
There is alot of useful stuff. I've gotta go back & get the spare tire bracket I need. You know, the one that mounts the spare under the bed. There were a few that I found. But, I had no tools with me. I can't stop thinking about that place!!

Jim S.


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#167204 10/07/2004 3:24 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
Forgot to mention, the herd of "lawnmowers" is included in the deal. Shoulda got a shot of them.

JS


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#167205 10/08/2004 9:31 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
You know, I cant wuit thinking about the place either. Everytime I think about it I feel a bummer feeling in the pit of my stomach, because I will never get to see the place. I can only imagine how many valuable parts, cars, and trucks one could find there. Ughhh.....


- Shane (ChevyToughRebel)
2 Trucks;
-1955 3/4 Ton Chevy
-1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4
1955 Second Series 3600
GED = Git Er Done
#167206 10/08/2004 1:01 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
One thing I did notice, lots of good glass!!
Almost all the windshields, rear, and, side glass
were intact.

JS


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0