The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hanks custodian, Ponchogl, Wayne67vert, 1 invisible), 175 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,139
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163058 10/14/2003 6:09 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 19
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 19
Guys -- I need a little input. I understand that '39s may have had defrosters built into the dash. My '37 does not, and I guess none ever did. How difficult would a '39 into '37 dash installation be? I have tried lots of small ducts with my '37 dash, but nothing seems to fit. I also thought about hooking my A/C up to something plumbed up through the windshield posts. Other than a small fan, has anyone out there figured out how to install working defrosters in a '37-'38 cab?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.


From Sunny California
Forever working on the '37
Under the shade of my dreams
#163059 10/15/2003 4:49 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
I've got a 37 pickup and have had the truck for 25 years. I've never seen any other 37 with defrosters and see no evidence of my truck ever having them. While 39-40 cabs are very similar to 37-38 cabs, I don't think you can pull a dash board swap with out some modifying, enough to make it a pretty good size project. I wouldn't want to cut on my truck that much. The idea of running defroster vents up the pillars is a good thought. Some cutting would be involved on the posts, but if you failed to make it work, you could always cover it up with the trim. You could probably cut the post and simply run a duct to the bottom of the post and block the top. The post then could be your defroster termination point. If you still have vaccum wipers, that line will be in the left pillar. Other than that, it should be clear on both sides. Might work! If you use a car heater, it will have the door on it for the cab "room" and another round opening on top for the duct to hook to, plus a diverter to send some , or all of the heat up. Then, you wouldn't need your a/c for defrosting. I'm just not sure you can get a heater under that dash with an a/c evaporator unit in the truck.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0