The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Mike'sPlace, carbking, 1 invisible), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,286
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16140 10/23/2003 6:13 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 10
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 10
Anyone have any suggestions on putting an s-10 frame undera'50 chevy?

I am trying to decide whether I should go with a'75 front and rear supension or an s-10 frame.

If I go with the s-10 can I use the whole frame or just the front clip?

any Ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated
Thank you, TD

By the way does any one have any pics to serve as ideas or inspiration?


South Texas Rod and Custom
Home of "The Goonrod"
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 98
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 98
I met a gentleman from Iowa who put a 50 surburban on a GMC Senoma frame. It was a really nice set up. He drove it from Iowa to St. Louis to visit family. Here is his website - Accessory Land Parts I'm sure he could tell you what all he went through better than I could.

Mike K.


Mike Kelley
1966 Chevy C10 SWB - 250 L6/S10 T5
2002 Chevy Ext 1500 4x4

Http://myol66.wordpress.com
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
Here's a site for an S10 converstion.

And here's one for the \'75 front clip install.

Good luck.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
S10 rear is a little narrow for your truck. The full size truck stuff is a little wide. Choose your problem...

Your truck has a wheel base of 116 inches. If you move the full size truck stuff you have a lot of control over wheel base. If you use the S10 you have to choose between shortening or lenthening the frame. Making the S10 shorter is pretty easy, so make sure you start with a long one.

If you use the S10 you'll have to build body mounts. You won't have that problem if you move the full size suspension to your truck. The full size stuff will be harder to lower than the S10, so if real low is your desire the S10 makes more sense.

Good luck!


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
"MONGO"
"MONGO"
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
I was just given a 90 S10 minus the motor and tranny and was considering doing the V8 Conversion with A 305/350 combo I have sitting in the barn and driving it around for the winter then swapping the body from a 47 1/2 ton I've got sitting behind the barn onto it, just for grins. My understanding is that the S10 is a 108" wheelbase and the 47 is 116". I'm thinking I'll just shorten the bed up in front of the fenders to make it fit, Or I've also considered narrowing up the s10 bed and putting the 47 fenders on it. The 47 bed is very rough so it won't be any great loss if i mess it up in the process.
Either way whatever I decide to do with the bed I figure I'm gonna put the s10 floor and wheel tubs back in, that should solve the narrower rear problem plus give me lots of room for some wider tires. smile
MONGO


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
If your S10's wheelbase is 108 it must be the shortest version of the truck.

Both the longbox and extended cab trucks need to be shortened to fit under an Advance Design truck. And what's more, they are easy to shorten...


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
"MONGO"
"MONGO"
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
Yeah, the one I've got is the shortest version, but it was free so I thought I'd use it..
MONGO


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0