The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Jay R, Gray_Ghost), 157 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,416
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
Home made of course.
Some will get it instantly. I didn’t know they exist and just made this.
A pleasure to use , I might add.🤓
Attachments
IMG_1249.jpeg (212.87 KB, 145 downloads)

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
Pickle fork for RC trucks?

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
Oh, I see you pound off micro ball joints with it?
Hmmm


~Charley
1954 Chevy 3100 with 235
“Bud”
Follow along in the DITY
1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230
1954 GMC 3 ton 302
And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Online: Content
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
To help loosen the nut that holds a part of the points to the side of the distributor on a 6-cylinder stove bolt.


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
Bing ! Bing ! Bing !
That didn’t take long!
55 is the first !
I wonder if there is a manufactured tool for this.


~Charley
1954 Chevy 3100 with 235
“Bud”
Follow along in the DITY
1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230
1954 GMC 3 ton 302
And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Online: Content
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
Originally Posted by Steelonsteel
Bing ! Bing ! Bing !
That didn’t take long!
55 is the first !
I wonder if there is a manufactured tool for this.

There was, I doubt that they would still be manufactured today.

Last edited by Gdads51; 10/04/2026 11:58 AM. Reason: fix quote to display correctly

Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
Snap-On made a couple of different ones. Mine also had a driver for that oddball 11/32" nut on the Delco-Remy coils. One tool on each end of a plastic screwdriver handle. Still buried out in one of my old tool boxes, I think. Here's one from MAC tools:

www.ebay.com/itm/327303932493?

Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
I think I will make one just like that out of the mountain of "treasures" which I have refused to throw away for 50 years.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
In all the stuff I got from Charlie when I became the caretaker of his truck were a number of his homemade tools. His generation didn't have Harbor Freight or a Snap-On truck that would come to the house, so he made all kinds of things. Some are a mystery, others are pretty easy to figure out. Don't we have a thread on shop-made tools?


Carl -- I prefer to think of my tool and misc item ..."collection"... as a way to posthumously torture whoever ends up with all my junk -- knowing that mingled in with the junk are various oddball valuables ... smile And they'll have to dig through it all ... piece ... by ... stinkin' ... piece.

He he he he.

But who else but us truly understands the joy that comes from dumping out an old "Chock Full O Nuts" can you paid $1 for at an estate auction or yard sale, picking through each of the 900 items now spread across your table, and finding that one vintage Mac, Snap-On or Craftsman socket or wrench? Or that homemade points tool? Gold prospectors, probably.

smile


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
Left handed nose hair pluker... dance


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
I’ve been called worse😠


~Charley
1954 Chevy 3100 with 235
“Bud”
Follow along in the DITY
1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230
1954 GMC 3 ton 302
And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,872
Moss covered, three-handled family gradunza.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
😆


~Charley
1954 Chevy 3100 with 235
“Bud”
Follow along in the DITY
1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230
1954 GMC 3 ton 302
And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0