The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (dt235sd, Opelika Tom, tclederman, DBJ71SuperCustom), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,078
Posts1,056,285
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 274
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 274
Home made of course.
Some will get it instantly. I didn’t know they exist and just made this.
A pleasure to use , I might add.🤓
Attachments
IMG_1249.jpeg (212.87 KB, 65 downloads)

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,601
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,601
Pickle fork for RC trucks?

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 274
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 274
Oh, I see you pound off micro ball joints with it?
Hmmm


~Charley
1954 Chevy 3100 with 235
“Bud”
Follow along in the DITY
1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230
1954 GMC 3 ton 302
And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
To help loosen the nut that holds a part of the points to the side of the distributor on a 6-cylinder stove bolt.


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 274
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 274
Bing ! Bing ! Bing !
That didn’t take long!
55 is the first !
I wonder if there is a manufactured tool for this.


~Charley
1954 Chevy 3100 with 235
“Bud”
Follow along in the DITY
1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230
1954 GMC 3 ton 302
And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
Originally Posted by Steelonsteel
Bing ! Bing ! Bing !
That didn’t take long!
55 is the first !
I wonder if there is a manufactured tool for this.

There was, I doubt that they would still be manufactured today.

Last edited by Gdads51; 10/04/2026 11:58 AM. Reason: fix quote to display correctly

Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
Snap-On made a couple of different ones. Mine also had a driver for that oddball 11/32" nut on the Delco-Remy coils. One tool on each end of a plastic screwdriver handle. Still buried out in one of my old tool boxes, I think. Here's one from MAC tools:

www.ebay.com/itm/327303932493?

Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0