Good morning! So, I have a problem that I hope you all can help me with. I have a 1960 Chevy 235 truck engine in my new to me 1950 Chevy 3600 that I am working in bringing back to life. I found that the oil pickup tube screen had a hole in it so I will need to replace it. Where is a good place to find one? The parts stores are no help on this one. They all have the press in and the flange ones. Mine is threaded into the cast body of the pump.
Hopefully a solution to your problem. The original part for your '60 235 is listed in the Chevy Master Parts Books as Group 1.656, GM# 3756605, Oil pump intake w/suction pipe. It is threaded into the oil pump and is listed as fitting all 1959-62 Chevy 235's.
There is an NOS GM# 3756605 currently offered on evilbay for what looks like a decent asking price. Look at the pictures in the ad. It shows the threaded end you need, so hopefully this can make your search short and sweet.
PS - I've moved your post to the Truck Parts Wanted forum as that's where it fits best.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
All the screen has to do is strain out chunks big enough to damage the pump gears- - - - -everything else gets caught by the oil filter. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
I had the same issue with my '60 235. I wasn't able to locate another OEM pickup tube either. I used the head from a V8 style pickup and sliver soldered a sleeve on it to fit the original tube.
There were no problems other than getting the original tube clean enough to take the solder.
Last edited by TUTS 59; 10/04/20261:07 AM. Reason: Add Images
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane