The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, Tronman), 124 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,476
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1612486 10/03/2026 2:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 104
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 104
Good morning!
So, I have a problem that I hope you all can help me with. I have a 1960 Chevy 235 truck engine in my new to me 1950 Chevy 3600 that I am working in bringing back to life. I found that the oil pickup tube screen had a hole in it so I will need to replace it. Where is a good place to find one? The parts stores are no help on this one. They all have the press in and the flange ones. Mine is threaded into the cast body of the pump.
Attachments
20261001_142647.jpg (302.12 KB, 39 downloads)

53&Me #1612489 10/03/2026 2:53 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,930
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,930
G'morning!

Hopefully a solution to your problem. wink The original part for your '60 235 is listed in the Chevy Master Parts Books as Group 1.656, GM# 3756605, Oil pump intake w/suction pipe. It is threaded into the oil pump and is listed as fitting all 1959-62 Chevy 235's.

There is an NOS GM# 3756605 currently offered on evilbay for what looks like a decent asking price. Look at the pictures in the ad. It shows the threaded end you need, so hopefully this can make your search short and sweet. wink

PS - I've moved your post to the Truck Parts Wanted forum as that's where it fits best. smile
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
53&Me #1612502 10/03/2026 4:57 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,819
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,819
Why not just replace the screen? I use stainless steel perforated metal that I buy on Ebay.

www.ebay.com/itm/157821810251?

All the screen has to do is strain out chunks big enough to damage the pump gears- - - - -everything else gets caught by the oil filter.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
53&Me #1612503 10/03/2026 6:03 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
My 1957 235 engine had the same. (Guessing sat in some moisture).
I tack welded S.S. screen on it. Good to go.


1950 Chevy 3100
53&Me #1612505 10/03/2026 6:39 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 162
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 162
Or… you could buy the entire oil pump that I have listed in the parts for sale section. Just a suggestion. Reduced to a mere $25 plus shipping.

Last edited by Rusty Heaps; 10/03/2026 6:42 PM.

I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0