Is it slipping, squealing, or doing anything else weird?
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Just my $.02 worth, I'll agree with Dennys28, but add that the disc does have some wear displayed by the thickness of disc facings. The rearward facing of the disc looks more worn than the front IMO.
The original specs on the clutch facings (2) are listed as between .137 - .143 inches thick (each) when new per the 1952 Chevy Truck Data PDF (screenshot of the clutch info below).
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
It was making a whisking noise from around that area in neutral so today I decided to look at it while my wife applied the clutch pedal. I spun the disc around a little and started it up, but it sounds like the noise went away. It does grind gears going into certain gears, but I think that's because I don't know how to shift this older transmission.
Just FYI, 2nd gear is synchronized between 1st and 3rd.
When shifting into 1st gear at a traffic light from neutral, put it into 2nd gear and then into 1st gear, and then release the clutch to avoid grinding 1st gear as happens when shifting straight from neutral.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)