| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,661 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 | I have a Chevy 1953 3100. It's converted to 12 volt. The generator is toast. Looking at a powermaster alternator. Looks like the original and is bolt in. Looking for information and input. Thanks
Last edited by nels1954; 05/20/2026 10:41 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2021 Posts: 156 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2021 Posts: 156 | Just bought one. It is so much better than the generator. I wanted to keep truck as original as possible. It is essentially an alternator housed in a generator shell. It is for sure a splurge. I kept the regulator mounted on the firewall for show.
54 Chevy 3100 Deluxe 3 speed on column. Keeping original as possible but changed to 12 volt system. JB Weld..."I put that stuff on everything"
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 | I ordered the powermaster alternator. I plan to leave the regulator as mounted on the firewall. What is required with the wiring? Thanks in advance. | | |
| |
| |