The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (jay d, Donf, UtahYork, 1 invisible), 103 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,633
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
I've been unable to find a set of aftermarket gauges that will fit my '38 without cutting the dashboard.

Has someone here located a set?

I would like to have a GPS speedometer also.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
There is an old Datsuns car set that fit right in the openings, I don't remember what year they were, but 25 years ago they were getting hard to find used. Look here at Speed Hut , https://speedhut.com/gauge-accessor...edometer-tach-temp-fuel-volts-oil-clock/ I don't know right off hand what the stock gauge diameters are, but SpeedHut may have something that will fit if you look around. I use their Air/Fuel ratio gauge, it high quality and customer service is excellent. .

I used the search here on the Stovebolt site, the above Datsun 240Z gauges are the correct ones, the factory chrome rings should fit also.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
What size hole?

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Originally Posted by MNSmith
What size hole?

Mark, it's close to 4 1/4 without taking it apart for a more accurate measurement.

There are only 3 holes, the center is speedo, and the 2 smaller sides are fuel, water temp, oil pressure and ampmeter.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
Autometer makes a 3 1/2" gauge. You would have to make an adapter ring. I did the same for my Speed Hut speedo.
Attachments
1952suburban659.jpg (283.49 KB, 77 downloads)
1952suburban660.jpg (319.75 KB, 76 downloads)
1952suburban661.jpg (117.06 KB, 77 downloads)
1952suburban666.jpg (190.5 KB, 77 downloads)

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Originally Posted by MNSmith
Autometer makes a 3 1/2" gauge. You would have to make an adapter ring. I did the same for my Speed Hut speedo.

That would work. I don't think I'm that talented though. smile


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 95
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 95
Yeah - how do you just “make” an adaptor ring that nice?😁


Brendan
1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup
Restoring Dad's old truck
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
I went with GPS speedometer on my 53. It's simple and effective. I went with DD gauges. They also Bluetooth to my phone. That's nice when working under the hood. I have a Frankland Quick Change rear end with 128 possible gear ratios so it was a no brainer for me. It also gives me 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times. It updates something like 100 times a second and has memory for loss of signal. GPS is the way to go. It also powers my cruize control.
Attachments
EPAS power steering 1000.jpg (414.97 KB, 20 downloads)


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0