| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,717 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2022 Posts: 95 'Bolter | 1940 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Pickup The pics show the shop not finished. The shop is now finished, a hoist installed and the fun starts now. The pickup has been in the family since the mid 50's when my dad started his own construction company. It was driven to his brothers farm and parked in the tree rows as was standard for retired vehicles. That was somewhere in the mid to late 60's I believe. When an additional vehicle was needed for a new driver (one of my older brothers) to get to the Catholic HS approximately 11 miles away, it was pulled from the trees and revived in 1974 or "75. My brother drove it up until 1979 and it had been parked inside our business shop until it was sold to an electrician friend, then bought back, and then my brother sold it to me. The plan is to get it road worthy and safe first. I will probably drive it like that until I retire in 5 years or so. Then I would like to tear down and do a ground up original rebuild. Not necessarily factory original, but as close as I can get with what is available at the time. I like hot rods too, but this one has some meaning so it will be kept original. It may take time, but I will try to update as I progress. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 97 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 97 | Nice truck, looks pretty solid. Start with your brakes and an engine tune-up and have fun.
1946 with WWII 270
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,496 AD Addict & Tinkerer | | AD Addict & Tinkerer Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,496 | I love that you know the history and you have a great plan.
Don’t get disappointed if things take longer than expected. With the current supply chain issues, that little part you need and can’t get at the local parts store may set you back months. And for me, life has thrown me curves that cause my truck to take a back seat. Just break your projects down into little bites and you’ll be surprised how much you get done.
Good luck on you project and I for one will be following.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc BrakesProject JournalsStovebolt Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jul 2022 Posts: 95 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2022 Posts: 95 | I have to say this is the warmest group of folks I have had the pleasure of communicating with. Thanks to all the Stovebolters and stay tuned. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | A few places to get parts:
Chevys of the 40s The Filling Station Jim Carter
Rick
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Great old truck ! Have fun with the build. | | |
| |
| |