The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Southerntruck, stlcardinalsguy), 61 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,347
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,656
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,656
I'm getting very close to completing my wiring project and found this voltage reducer in my harness box with other wiring items. Not positive, but I think it's for the 6v heater fan? I'm not sure what the amp rating is on the stock motor. I do have the setup with a second motor for the defroster. I'm not connecting those right now, but would like to down the road. Do I need two separate voltage reducers - one for each motor? Do I need multiple reducers for each?

FYI - I did add a different type of reducer for the fuel gauge.
Attachments
IMG_1634a.jpg (114.88 KB, 49 downloads)
IMG_1634b.jpg (102.01 KB, 43 downloads)
IMG_1145a.jpg (111.86 KB, 42 downloads)

Last edited by UtahYork; 02/22/2026 11:39 PM.

~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
Four of these resistors (6 ohm) wired in parallel will do the same thing as the "voltage reducer" in your pic- - - -and their 100 watt rating will be at least as durable as the one you have. They will give a total of 1.5 Ohms of resistance, and can handle up to 400 watts of load since there are four paths for the current to flow.

www.ebay.com/itm/372308315193

Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0