1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
For the differential you should use a GL-5 oil. It’s an EP (Extreme Pressure) lubricant that protects the hypoid gears. I use Lucas 80/90. And for the transmission you can use 90 weight mineral oil or a GL-4 oil. Do not use a GL-5 oil in the transmission, it has a high concentration of sulfur/phosphorus additives that can corrode yellow metals like bronze, copper and brass synchronizers.
Below attachment is from the 1948 - 1951 Chevrolet Truck Shop Manual.