| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,660 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2023 Posts: 327 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2023 Posts: 327 | Need to connect my existing oil pressure gauge line to the 235. On the old 207 it ran to the block, and uses what looks to be a small 5/16-24 compression fitting/nut. The 235 had a 1/8 pipe T that feeds the oil filter and I'm assuming the T was where the oil pressure gauge connected??
I found a 1/8 pipe to 5/16-24 female adaptor, but it's not a compression adaptor. Is there a conversion adaptor, or a new line kit out there somewhere? I'm going to be using the stock oil filter canister.
Thanks.
Ron
P.S. Didn't know if this should go in engine or interior | | | | | Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,991 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,991 | Most aftermarket oil line kits include the adapter with the inverted flare compression fitting, Normally the line is 1/8 inch, I like the kit with copper line vs. the plastic. I think the Napa kit will give you everything you need.
Last edited by 78buckshot; 01/05/2026 3:14 PM.
1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 1,669 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 1,669 | I bought my kit from Chevs of the 40's. It came with a few fittings. LINK
Last edited by UtahYork; 01/05/2026 3:40 PM.
~ John in Utah 1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engineHere We GoFollow in his DITY Bay- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2023 Posts: 327 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2023 Posts: 327 | I think I see what's going on here. It looks like the threads on a 1/8 compression fitting are 5/16-24. That's what I have on the end of my oil pressure gauge line. It's a male compression fitting/nut. So it seems I need an adaptor with 1/8 NPT male on one end, and a 1/8 female compression on the other, which would be 5/16-24. I'll see if that exists. Or find a new compression fitting with male 1/8 NPT on one end. If not, I'll buy a new kit.
Last edited by RBs36; 01/05/2026 6:42 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,991 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,991 | My '57 is a compression/threaded fitting at the gauge. Looks like you will have to use a coupler to lengthen your line if that is the issue.
1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2023 Posts: 327 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2023 Posts: 327 | My '57 is a compression/threaded fitting at the gauge. Looks like you will have to use a coupler to lengthen your line if that is the issue. I think the existing line will be long enough. Where it attached to the 207 was further forward than the 235, so I should be OK cutting it and putting a new fitting on the end. What what you said is always an option as well. Definitely don't want to mess with the connection at the gauge. | | |
| |
| |