The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, Mike B), 62 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,123
Posts1,056,653
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1595468 01/05/2026 2:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
Need to connect my existing oil pressure gauge line to the 235. On the old 207 it ran to the block, and uses what looks to be a small 5/16-24 compression fitting/nut. The 235 had a 1/8 pipe T that feeds the oil filter and I'm assuming the T was where the oil pressure gauge connected??

I found a 1/8 pipe to 5/16-24 female adaptor, but it's not a compression adaptor. Is there a conversion adaptor, or a new line kit out there somewhere? I'm going to be using the stock oil filter canister.

Thanks.

Ron

P.S. Didn't know if this should go in engine or interior

Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
Found this in another post. I'll have to see if this would work on the gauge end.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_...AZtSEaAsjBEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,991
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,991
Most aftermarket oil line kits include the adapter with the inverted flare compression fitting, Normally the line is 1/8 inch, I like the kit with copper line vs. the plastic. I think the Napa kit will give you everything you need.

Last edited by 78buckshot; 01/05/2026 3:14 PM.

1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
I found this kit which says for '37-later. So I think the problem is, once again, my '36 is different. (just like everything else!)

I think I'll have to see what size it is on the gauge end. Hopefully I can convert to the '37-up kit.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1938/chevrolet/all-models/parts/14190a.html

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,669
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,669
I bought my kit from Chevs of the 40's. It came with a few fittings. LINK

Last edited by UtahYork; 01/05/2026 3:40 PM.

~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
I think I see what's going on here. It looks like the threads on a 1/8 compression fitting are 5/16-24. That's what I have on the end of my oil pressure gauge line. It's a male compression fitting/nut. So it seems I need an adaptor with 1/8 NPT male on one end, and a 1/8 female compression on the other, which would be 5/16-24. I'll see if that exists. Or find a new compression fitting with male 1/8 NPT on one end. If not, I'll buy a new kit.

Last edited by RBs36; 01/05/2026 6:42 PM.
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
I think this will solve the problem. Just cut off the existing fitting and use this. Thanks for listening to me think out loud. grin

https://www.agscompany.com/products/brass-compression-connector-1-8-tube-male-1-8-27-npt/

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,991
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,991
My '57 is a compression/threaded fitting at the gauge. Looks like you will have to use a coupler to lengthen your line if that is the issue.


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 327
Originally Posted by 78buckshot
My '57 is a compression/threaded fitting at the gauge. Looks like you will have to use a coupler to lengthen your line if that is the issue.


I think the existing line will be long enough. Where it attached to the 207 was further forward than the 235, so I should be OK cutting it and putting a new fitting on the end. What what you said is always an option as well. Definitely don't want to mess with the connection at the gauge.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0