| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Shade Baby, Pete1946, frogfarmer, baldeagle, 1955 1 Series, Jon G, 1 invisible),
97
guests, and
8
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2022 Posts: 116 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2022 Posts: 116 | On my 1955 1/2 ton I recently removed some of my front brake lines. Temporarily I have put plastic bags over the open ends to keep dirt from contaminating the inside of the lines. Myself I would rather have caps or plugs installed. So if I were to go to Napa what would I ask for in terms of possible sizes? | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,067 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,067 | I have a small set of rubber plugs/caps of different sizes that I got years ago. Don't remember where. I think a good counterman could figure out what you want and get a set of them for you.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 4,252 "Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!! | | "Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!! Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 4,252 | 3/16" and 1/4" inverted flare plugs and caps. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,811 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,811 | Buy a jumble bag or two of assorted sizes. I save every plug that comes with various new parts and have a large selection of rubber vacuum plugs for carburetors that work on trans lines, fuel lines or whatever.
Take some of that blue painter's tape and wrap it over the ends of pipes if you don't have plugs. It does just as good a job and isa easy to remove.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
| | |
| |
| |