The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Deegs53, CuzzFuzz, 52Carl, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#158456 10/25/2006 4:35 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 127
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 127
I'm looking to buy a welder.. don't know what to look for really.. I'll only have to weld a few things but I'd like to have one around the house for my next project after this truck (mach 1) - Anyways, for this project, I'll need to repair 1 floor panel, both cab corners and I'll also be welding the mufflers/pipes on.. any recommendations? How about the Lincoln's from Home Depot? They're like $299 or something for the small ones..


1952 Chevy 5 Window Restoration
#158457 10/25/2006 4:57 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Blake,

If you go to the Tool Forum, there are several recent posts dealing with welders. Take a look, maybe some of your questions will be answered. smile

Stuart

#158458 10/25/2006 11:38 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I'm looking for basically the same thing, Sears has a Lincoln on sale for $289 that I'm interested in. Set up for gas.

Lee


-----------
1965 Chevy C-10 Gallery page
My Chevy truck pages more info and pictures!
1961 Studebaker Hawk
1962 Shasta 16' AirFlyte Travel Trailer
1941 Case Model S tractor
#158459 10/26/2006 12:15 AM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
Moved to tools


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0