The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (wilbur53, Jay R, Gdads51, John Dlugos, Goach2, Woodcmiami), 248 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,154
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1571122 02/24/2025 1:16 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 339
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 339
I'm putting 37 chevy seat bottoms in my 36 GMC as my battery and the ECM for the engine are installed there. How are the seat bottoms held in place? I see no protruding pin's to keep them in place. The wooden seat bottoms don't have any means to keep them in place either. there are no cross bars between the front and rear of the seat pedestal.

Last edited by Gdads51; 03/06/2025 11:41 PM. Reason: add detail to title

1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod
FAST55 #1571132 02/24/2025 11:29 AM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
Here is the bottom of my 36 seat cushion, the 37 seat cushion was the same
Attachments
100_4613.JPG (241.58 KB, 45 downloads)
100_4767.JPG (228.52 KB, 45 downloads)


1936 GMC T-14 1/2-Ton Pickup
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
FAST55 #1571141 02/24/2025 2:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,215
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,215
My '37 seat bottoms are all steel, no wood anywhere. Mine were broken so I added 3/4" tubing under each brace the length of the seat, these tubes set below and inside the seat support so the seat can't slide forwards or sideways. Here is the best picture I had, I can get a better one if needed.
Attachments
37 pictures 013.jpeg (124.18 KB, 41 downloads)

FAST55 #1571153 02/24/2025 4:43 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 339
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 339
Ok, thanks for the reply's. I am using the split seat bottom. I will just make some stops on the bottoms so they can't slide around.


1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0