H Guys, Can anyone tell me if there is a bushing available for the arm shaft that the clutch pedal linkage connects to? The hole where my clutch linkage attaches to the arm shaft is wallowed out quite a bit. So much that the clutch pedal will move 1/2 to 3/4 inch before it pushes on the link. Kind of hard to adjust pedal free play when I have this much slop in the system. I attached a picture I copied from Jim Carter trucks that shows the link and the arm shaft.
Mine was badly worn also so I built it back up with weld metal. It seems to work reasonably well. The pedal return spring should keep the linkage slop-free so I wouldn't think that would be an issue. Your adjustment should close any gaps in the linkage.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Deegs - As a possible alternative, something like THIS might be a solution. You can also find similar brass bushing at most hardware stores.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Kevi/Dan, Thanks for the info. I thought taking it apart and welding the hole would be my only option but then I started looking for bushings. None will fit perfect since it is oblong, but anything would be better than what I currently have. Going to check the local hardware store. They were extremely effective in supplying all the stainless hardware I needed to put the truck back together.