| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (1 invisible),
92
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,572 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,258 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,258 | Well I am off to the garage to see what I messed up last weekend when I straightened a bunch of wiring out. Turned out as a no start at end of the day.
I have power to sniper, power to fuel pump, fuel psi, fuel in tank. Starting with coil voltages and grounds and see if she will fire again. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,228 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,228 | I also decided to clean up some wiring this winter. I originally ran all the wires from dash to the under seat location, then out to the respected locations. Any troubleshooting can then be done without going under the dash. I pulled it all out, built a new breaker box, rewired it all then found most of the turn signals not working. It took about a week of chasing wires to get it back to where I started. I drew up new wire diagrams so it won't happen again!
Good luck on your search,
joe | | | | | Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,258 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,258 | Well absolutely my fault. Power going out to sniper and triggers for my relays. No power at coil. Start working my way backwards into the OE harness.
When I was cleaning things up there is the engine harness on pass side with a WHT Y and Purple wire. Purple is starter trigger WHT and Y came together and had one wire coming out on a connector.
I assumed both of these were dead cause when I switched to new alt and starter I had a few extra wires to cut back and dead end. So I clipped the connector and single wire off the WHT and Y, taped up and put in loom.
Not sure what factory magic is happening but the WHT is key on hot and the Y is coil feed. Thus they need to be together, but the way they did it was very strange.
Straightened things out, and while I was doing this found the OE purple was bare in the loom and had almost a break in that spot. Fixed that too and things are back to normal with a cleaner engine bay.
Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 01/18/2025 6:27 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 2,242 Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator) | | Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator) Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 2,242 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2023 Posts: 384 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2023 Posts: 384 | Good job! Did I mention I hate troubleshooting electrical problems? But, so far American Autowire is doing it’s job, thankfully. | | |
| |
| |